I’m putting my Colourpop addiction to good use!
Colourpop has recently taken the beauty world by storm. This is awesome because they make incredible and innovative products however they only sell online and regularly change up their colour options (bringing out new colours and discontinuing old)…so sometimes it’s difficult to compare colours to see if a new shade is worth buying.
A couple weeks ago, I posted swatches of some of the Fall 2016 Colourpop eyeshadows. The post got more readers then any other of my posts and I received feedback through my blog and social media sites that people appreciated the swatch comparisons.
So, I’ve decided to start a new blog series called Colourpop Colour Comparisons. In these posts, I will be swatching and comparing Colourpop eyeshadows or lipsticks. I have an embarrassingly large collection of Colourpop products, that I purchased myself, so hopefully they will he help you decide what products are worth spending your money on.
I have a love/hate relationship with Colourpop Cosmetics! I love them because they keep creating amazing new innovative beauty products but I hate them cause they keep creating amazing new innovative beauty products….and I want to buy them all!!!!
Ok, I’ll admit it….like many of you, I’m addicted to Colourpop shadows!
With their many GORGEOUS shades, long lasting power, and affordable prices…how can I not be addicted??? Especially with their new line of stunning fall colours.
For those of you who have never tried a Colourpop shadow…here’s what you need to know:
- There is an amazing selection of vibrant colours in a variety of finishes including Pearlized, Matte, Metallic, Satin, Glitter Sheer, and Ultra-Metallic.
- The shadows have a wet / moussy consistency and are easy to apply and blend (I suggest using your finger, a sponge tip brush, or synthetic brush).
- The shadows have the longest lasting power of any shadow I have ever used and have no creasing or sparkle fallout.
- They are super affordable at only $5 US / shadow pot.
- Some of the shadows dryout over time (after a couple months or faster if you don’t screen the cap on tight enough)
- Sparkles may disapear if you blend the shadow with a brush
- Not the best quality of packaging… 2 of my lids have cracked and the logo has been rubbed on many of my lids
- You can’t try products in person (which means that I’ve purchased a couple that were very similar bronze/rose gold tones)