Ok, I’ll admit it….like many of you, I’m addicted to Colourpop shadows!
With their many GORGEOUS shades, long lasting power, and affordable prices…how can I not be addicted??? Especially with their new line of stunning fall colours.
For those of you who have never tried a Colourpop shadow…here’s what you need to know:
- There is an amazing selection of vibrant colours in a variety of finishes including Pearlized, Matte, Metallic, Satin, Glitter Sheer, and Ultra-Metallic.
- The shadows have a wet / moussy consistency and are easy to apply and blend (I suggest using your finger, a sponge tip brush, or synthetic brush).
- The shadows have the longest lasting power of any shadow I have ever used and have no creasing or sparkle fallout.
- They are super affordable at only $5 US / shadow pot.
- Some of the shadows dryout over time (after a couple months or faster if you don’t screen the cap on tight enough)
- Sparkles may disapear if you blend the shadow with a brush
- Not the best quality of packaging… 2 of my lids have cracked and the logo has been rubbed on many of my lids
- You can’t try products in person (which means that I’ve purchased a couple that were very similar bronze/rose gold tones)
As I mentioned in a recent previous blog, one of my new favorite brands is Colourpop (and not just because they spell “colour” like us Canadians)! I have purchased their eye shadows, Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks, Ultra Satin liquid lipsticks, Creme Gel eye liners and Lippie Stix (…that is not a typo, they are indeed called “Lippie Stix”).
The Lippie Stix are Colourpop’s modern take on a traditional lipstick, but instead of being short and stubby (like a classic lipstick), they are long and thin. They are packaged in a white plastic twisty tube, with a lipstick colour matching tip, (and a white cap which is not shown in my photo).
The Lippie Stix come in 8 different finishes: Crème, Matte X, Satin Luxe, Sheer, Satin, Glossy, Matte, and Pearlized. There is a HUGE selection and I have 11 swatched for you below.
A couple months ago, I signed up for Influenster, a site where “social savvy shoppers” can stay on top of the latest product news, review products, and receive free products (“VoxBox”) based on their social media presence.
Last week, I was so excited to receive my first complimentary VoxBox – the L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise VoxBox containing L’Oréal Paris Hair Expertise Nutrigloss Luminizer Shampoo, Conditioner, and High Shine Glossing Mist. This was one of the five sets of products that bloggers received, each focusing on a different need – strength, gloss, nourish, repair, thickness, and colour.
Having long wavy hair, I look for products that make my hair strong, silky, shiny, and define my curls…that also work well with heated styling tools. I always wash my hair with separate shampoo and conditioner, and often complete it with a hair cream or treatment oil. I’m not 100% loyal to any one brand, but more recently, I have been using Pantene, LUSH, Redkin, and anything I get in my Ipsy subscription box.