It’s that time of year again….the SEPHORA VIB SALE!
Twice a year Sephora launches a brief 20% off sale for their VIB and VIB Rouge Beauty Insiders (ie. second and third tier loyalty members). I took advantage of this sale and picked up a selection of my beauty essentials, new favourites, splurges, an anniversary gift, and a free point purchase.
In today’s blog, I decided to only include images and descriptions (from the Sephora website) instead of including my full reviews and/or swatches of each product, like I usually do. I thought this would be a great opportunity to hear from you about which of the listed products you would like me to review, swatch, compare to competitors…etc (not to mention, prevent this post from being insanely long).
I have a love/hate relationship with Colourpop Cosmetics! I love them because they keep creating amazing new innovative beauty products but I hate them cause they keep creating amazing new innovative beauty products….and I want to buy them all!!!!
I have been pinning eyeshadow looks and tutorials on Pinterest for YEARS but I realized that I haven’t actually tried any of the looks out…so, I’ve decided to challenge myself, by selecting my favourite pins to discover:
- If I can create this look with my existing makeup.
- If this look works well on my/a different eye shape and/or colour.
- How helpful the step by step images are (if any).
- What tips can I provide my readers to help you achieve this look.
No matter what skin tone or eye colour you have, purple is flattering on everyone! That’s why I selected today’s challenge, which I have entitled “Purple Pizzazz”.
On a day-to-day basis, I do wear touches of purple to line my lower lashes or add a pop of colour on the outer eye corner…but nothing this intense.
So although I was confident that the colours would look lovely, the big question was “would this be wearable” or just something artistic to look at online…I’d never know unless I gave it shot – so I did!
A couple months ago, I signed up for Influenster, a site where “social savvy shoppers” can stay on top of the latest product news, review products, and receive free products (“VoxBox”) based on their social media presence.
Last month, I received my second complimentary VoxBox – the L’Oréal Revitalift Bright Reveal VoxBox. It contained a Daily Scrub Cleanser, Reveal Peel Pads, Overnight Moisturizer, and SPF 30 Moisturizer.
Ok, I’ll admit it….like many of you, I’m addicted to Colourpop shadows!
With their many GORGEOUS shades, long lasting power, and affordable prices…how can I not be addicted??? Especially with their new line of stunning fall colours.
For those of you who have never tried a Colourpop shadow…here’s what you need to know:
- There is an amazing selection of vibrant colours in a variety of finishes including Pearlized, Matte, Metallic, Satin, Glitter Sheer, and Ultra-Metallic.
- The shadows have a wet / moussy consistency and are easy to apply and blend (I suggest using your finger, a sponge tip brush, or synthetic brush).
- The shadows have the longest lasting power of any shadow I have ever used and have no creasing or sparkle fallout.
- They are super affordable at only $5 US / shadow pot.
- Some of the shadows dryout over time (after a couple months or faster if you don’t screen the cap on tight enough)
- Sparkles may disapear if you blend the shadow with a brush
- Not the best quality of packaging… 2 of my lids have cracked and the logo has been rubbed on many of my lids
- You can’t try products in person (which means that I’ve purchased a couple that were very similar bronze/rose gold tones)