For today’s post, I wanted to share with you how I created my December 25th, 2016, makeup look. When creating this look, I decided to use warm festive colours with a touch of sparkle. I spent the day and night with my family (we went to see a move and then had dinner and played games at my uncle and aunts house) so I wanted to select products that last all day knowing that I wouldn’t have time for a mid-day touch up.
To prime my face, I first I applied Sheer Transformation Creme by Ole Henriksen all over my face and neck and followed it with Hourglass Mineral Primer Veil on my face. I then dabbed a bit of all Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer on the my eyelids and upwards toward my under eyebrows.
To even out my complexion, I applied Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation in shade Y325 with a damp Beauty Blender all over my face, followed by Urban Decay Naked Concealer under my eyes to hide my dark circles. Finally, I lightly pat Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder all over my face.
For my eyes, I had to go with Colourpop shadows as they last the longest and are the most sparkley. I normally spend the most time on my eyes, so here’s the list of steps I took to create today’s look:
- I first applied Cornelious (matte warm caramel) above my eyelid crease with a medium fluffy crease brush, followed by To-a-T (mid-tone warm brown in a matte finish) into and slightly above the crease. And then blended, and blended, and blended
- On the inner and outer corners of my eyelids, I placed Seeker (warm reddish brown in a Matte finish) with small dense brush, and then drew a thick light line with the same brush and shadow from the outer to inner corners of my upper lid and blended it by moving my brush back and forth horizontally.
- With my middle finger, I dabbed a bit of Blaze (Coco bronze sprinkled with multi-dimensional glitter) followed by Amaze (metallic peachy gold with multi-coloured glitter) in the center of the lid. NOTE: I didn’t need to use both colours, but after applying Blaze, I wanted something brighter.
- I then applied Mittens (matte plummy brown) to the outer corners of my eyelids and into the outer edge of the crease (only going about 30% inward).
- To finish the look, I applied NYX Matte Liquid Liner on my upper lash line, Seeker with an angled brush under my lower lash line, Cornelious in my lower inner water line and Too Face Better then Sex Mascara on both my upper and lower lashes.
For contour and blush, I applied Sephora Blush in Passionate on the apples of my cheeks and blended it up toward my temples, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer slightly under my cheek bones, along the outer edge of my face, and on the sides and under the tip of my nose. I then added some Mary Lou Luminizer highlighter from theBalm lightly above my cheek bones, under my brow, in the inner corners of my eyes and at the tip of my nose.
To finish the look, I applied Ofra Liquid Lipstick in Plumas.
If you blogged about your holiday look(s), I’d love to see them! Please post a link to them in the comments below. I’m always looking for new looks and inspirations! 🙂
Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukah! Happy Holidays!
(For full disclosure, please note that a couple of the links are shopstyle affiliate links. I want to re-assure you that the featured products were not selected on that basis. I figured that if the products are available at other places for the same price, why not select ones that reward me so I can buy more products to review for you! )